How to restore iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus using DFU mode?
DFU (Device Recovery Mode) allows iOS devices to be restored from any point and is your last option when it comes to restoring the iOS of your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus. We recommend you try rebooting and resetting your iPhone device before you try this.
So here is how it works:
- Plug in your iPhone 7 in your PC or Mac
- Make sure iTunes is running
- Turn Off your iPhone 7 if it isn’t already
- Press and hold down the On/Off button on the right side of your device for 3 seconds
- Press and hold down the volume down button on the left side of your iPhone 7 while still holding down the On/Off button
- Keep holding both buttons down for 10 seconds. (If you see the Apple logo, you’ve held them too long and will need to start again)
- Let go of the On/Off Button but keep holding the volume down button for about 5 seconds. (If you see the “Plug into iTunes” screen, then you’ve held it too long and will need to start again)
- If the screen stays black, that’s it! Your iPhone 7should now be in DFU mode
After following the above steps correctly, iTunes should recognize your device and give you an option to restore your device. You can either setup the device as new or you can restore to an old backup.
If the DFU mode does not activate and your device is unusable because of an unknown software issue, then it is time to call an expert. You can reach us on 800iRepair and our technicians will resolve the issue for you. We don’t advise trying the DFU mode multiple times repetitively because it could possibly cause some other error.