iPhone 5 Ear Speaker Replacement
Speakers are transducers that convert electromagnetic waves into sound waves. The electromagnetic waves are produced by the internal circuitry of your iPhone 5. The sound produced by speaker is defined by frequency and amplitude. Ear Speaker is a small speaker that is designed to be held in place close to the user’s ears.
The iPhone 5 ear speaker is located at the top portion of the LCD screen just behind the meshed opening. Its primary function is to generate audio during telephonic conversations. The main causes of this component malfunctioning over time can be due to moisture, dust and long-term use
• Frequency Response: 18-21,000 Hz
• Speaker Principle: Open
• Weight 0.04 oz
• Sensitivity: (SPL @ 1,000 Hz) 114 dB
• Nominal Impedance: 64 ohms
• Total Harmonic Distortion: < 0.1%
You need to replace your iPhone 5 Ear Speaker if:
- You cannot hear anything during calls at all.
- You hear crackling sound during calls.
- Very low volume during calls.
- Low quality or intermittent sound.