iPod touch 5 LCD Screen Replacement
Apple launched the all-new Retina display with the iPod touch 5. It offers brilliant image quality with a resolution of 1136×640 pixels density, in the screen of 4-inch size with 326 pixels per inch. Although the display has a protective glass, it is prone to suffer an injury after a fall or a blow.
The LCD is the inner screen, which displays the entire graphical user interface in high-resolution color. While the Capacitive touch screen digitizer is the outer glass, which is quiet sensitive to touch. These two components are bonded together with transparent glue during the manufacture process. Hence you will need to replace both if any of them gets damaged.
• Retina display
• 4-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit widescreen Multi-Touch display with IPS technology
• 1136-by-640-pixel resolution at 326 ppi
• 800:1 contrast ratio (typical)
• 500 cd/m2 max brightness (typical). Full sRGB standard
• Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating on front
• Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
• Display Zoom
You need to replace your iPod touch 4 LCD Screen if:
- The glass is cracked, broken or shattered.
- Does not display anything at all.
- Has lines, dead pixels or spots in it.
- Is not responding to your touch as it used to.
- Is dark, black or blank.